MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE INDIAN EX-SERVICES LEAGUE HELD ON 10 OCT 2014 AT ITS HQ NEW DELHI
- The following attended the meeting:-
(i) Lt Gen Balbir Singh, PVSM, VSM**- President in Chair.
(ii)Brig Kartar Singh- Sr Vice President.
(iii)Col PM Hameed, SM- Vice President.
(IV)Brig IS Gakhal- Vice President
(iv)Lt Cdr BD Sharma- Hony Treasurer.
(b) Nominated Vice President
(i)Col Karan Singh, VSM
(ii)Hav PF Dantas
(i)Maj Chandroop Singh Phalswal
(ii)Lt Col RL Yadav
(iii)Col VP Singh
(iv)Col SK Kunda
(v)Hav Anokh Singh
(vi)Hony Capt Sohan Singh
(vii)Col NL Verma
(viii)Sub Maj Layak Ram
(ix)Lt Col DS Salaria
(x) Swr Lakshman Choudhary
(xi) Nb Sub NN Patil
(xii) Lt Col YS Rana
(xiii)Dfr Animesh Ghosh
(xiv)Hav K Natarajan
(d) Ex-Officio Members From State Leagues
(i)Brig MR Nath- AP
(ii)MCPO RS Yadav-A & N
(iii)Lt NK Singh- BIHAR
(iv) Col RP Sarin- Delhi
(v) Brig JP Anklesaria, VSM- Gujrat
(vi) Lt Cdr Inder Singh, VrC- Haryana
(vii) Maj Vijay Singh Mankotia- HP
(viii)Cdr GJ Singh- Karnataka
(ix) Sub D Kanagaraj- Puducherry
(x) Maj Gen RN Radhakrishnan- TN
(xi) Maj Padam Singh Verma- UP
(xii) Lt Col SC Mazumdar- WB
(i) Sub Maj KK Roy- BIHAR
(ii) Hav Sachida Nand- -do-
(iii) H/Ris Maj Dharam Pal- Haryana
(iv) Hony Capt Om Parkash- -do-
(v) Hony Capt Mohd Tauiyab- -do-
(vi) Sub Maj Dharampal Singh- do-
(vii) Hony Capt Jagvir Singh- do-
(viii) Hony Nb Sub Parash Ram- -do-
(ix) Hony Capt Yudhvir Singh- Jammu
(x) Nb Sub Jaidev Singh- -do-
(xi) Cfn NV Soman- -do-
(xii) Brig Inder Mohan Singh- Punjab
(xiii) Lt Col HS Sangha- Punjab
(xiv) Lt Col Daya Singh- -do-
(xv) Hav JK Perumal- Puducherry
(xvi) Lt Col Hari Singh- Rajasthan
(xvii) Sub Bhagwan Singh- -do-
(xviii) Sgt Paresh Ch Maity- WB
(i)Maj Gen Amrik Singh- DGR
(ii)Brig Navneet Kumar- Dy MDECHS.
(g) In attendance:-
(i) Col KS Yadav, SM- General Secretary
(ii) Hony Capt Ratan Singh- Office Supdt
- The sacred lamp was lighted by Special Invitee Maj Gen Amrik Singh, Lt Gen Balbir Singh, PVSM, VSM**, Cdr Inder Singh, VrC and Maj Gen RN Radhakrishnan. Sr Vice President Brig Kartar Singh read out the IESL Credo which was followed by observing two minutes silence by all the members to pay homage to the departed souls.
3. Lt Gen Balbir Singh, PVSM,VSM** , President IESL welcomed the special invitees Maj Gen Amrik Singh, DGR, Brig Navneet Kumar, Dy MD ECHS, President state leagues, Council Members, and all delegates from States in the house. The President IESL read out the Annual Report of the IESL. In the Annual Report the President informed the house about various activities, meetings with dignitaries and highlighted/explained the following points:-
(a) One Rank One Pension and its present status.
(b) First interaction with 7th CPC and conceptual issues discussed and handed over to 7th CPC.
(c) Meeting with Hon’ble President of India, Def Minister, three Service Chiefs, DGR and MD ECHS and handing over the list of important issues pending with their levels of command and function.
- The President IESL congratulated Maj Gen Amrik Singh for being approved for next rank to the coveted rank of Lt Gen. Thereafter, the President IESL invited Maj Gen Amrik Singh to address the house.
Address by Maj Gen Amrik Singh, DGR
- Maj Gen Amrik Singh, DGR thanked President IESL and the house for the invitation for Annual General Meeting. The DGR said that while in uniform we do not care about our future and informed the house about the various DGR schemes which are given as under:-
(a) Coal Transportation/CNG/Security Agency etc.
(b) Training Courses for Officers.
(c) Employment/Security Agency Scheme.
(d) Coal loading and transportation scheme.
(e) Coal loading and Transportation Company.
(f) Coal tipper attachment/tipper attachment.
(g) Allotment of BPCL/IOCL/HPCL (Company owned and company operated outlets.
(h) Management of CNG Station by ESM (Officers) in NCR.
(i) Allotment of Oil product agencies under 8% defence quota.
(j) Allotment of LPG Agency under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitrak (RGGLV) scheme.
(k) Allotment of LPG Distributorship under regular LPG Distributorship scheme.
(l) Allotment of Mother Dairy Milk Booths and fruits and vegetable (Safal) Shops.
(m) Gopal Jee Dairy/Fresh Farm scheme.
(n) Allotment of Army surplus vehicles
(o) Entrepreneurship for Ex-Servicemen in various fields.
(p) Resettlement Scheme in Life Insurance Sector (Prahri).
(q) Employment criteria and reservation quota.
(r) Assistance for competitive exams.
(s) Ganga cleans project and IESL involvement.
(t) ESM run public sector.
(u) Veterans Commission.
- Interaction Session. During interaction session the DGR replied various question/queries of Veterans and emphasized on need of discipline by veterans, refrain from doing any illegal activity and need of involvement in social work. Some of the points raised by the Veterans are given as under:-
(a)Col RP Sarin(Retd). Col RP Sarin, President Delhi State League said that some Ex-Servicemen have informed him that DGR is open for the ESM only for two days. The DGR clarified that the DGR has allotted two days for the ESM of NCR region and Ex-Servicemen from outside NCR region can visit DGR office throughout the week on working days.
(b)Dfr Animesh Ghosh. Dfr Animesh Gosh, Gen Secy West Bengal Ex-Services League said that DGR is requested to address meetings of Ex-Servicemen in West Bengal in consultation with HQ Bengal Area, so that maximum ESM of that region can be benefited by DGR schemes. The DGR said that we will plan the meeting in near future.
(b)Brig MR Nath. Brig MR Nath said that combined AP and Telegana State have twenty four Districts, out of twenty four Districts only in three Districts have retired Army Officers as Secretary Soldier Board/District Welfare Officer, rest all other Districts have civilian Officers. Brig MR Nath also suggested lateral placement of ex-servicemen in Army Depots/Canteen etc.
(c)Sub NN Patil. Nb Sub NN Patil from Maharashtra said that Hony Commissioned Officers and JCOs should also be considered for appointmented in Rajya/District Sainik Board where Officers are not available.
- After interaction session Brig Kartar Singh, Sr Vice President invited Dy MD ECHS to address the house. Brig Navneet Kumar, Dy MD ECHS, thanked President IESL and the house for the invitation for Annual General Meeting. Brig Navneet Kumar informed the house/veterans about the various schemes and ongoing issues of ECHS. During interaction session he replied various points/queries of veterans. Some of the points are given as under:-
(a)All Mil Hosps should have a Polyclinic. Brig Navneet Kumar said that 426 Polyclinics have been sanctioned and 300 Districts all over the Country do not have ECHS Polyclinics. In future, new Polyclinics will be sanctioned and upgradation will be done of existing Polyclinics.
(b)Night Treatment. Brig Navneet Kumar informed that veterans can take treatment anywhere in emergency/night and dependent ECHS Polyclinic be informed with in 48 hours.
(c)Purchase of Medicines. Brig Navneet Kumar informed the veterans that there is a shortage of funds. However, case is at hand for outsourcing of medicines and improving the financial health of ECHS organization.
(d)ECHS Polyclinic in Mewat (Haryana). Brig Navneet Kumar informed that the case is in progress.
- Brig Kartar Singh, Sr Vice President invited Maj Gen RN Radhakrishnan to address and interact with the Veterans. Brig RN Radhakrishnan thanked President IESL, Sr Vice President and the Veterans for the opportunity offered to him for interaction. He appreciated the IESL activities (Annual Report). He suggested at least four meetings in a year should be held and the minutes be uploaded on IESL website. He also suggested the need of uniting all the Ex-Servicemen organizations under one umbrella. Maj Gen RN Radhakrishnan said that Ex-Servicemen are being treated as second class citizens, the Govt should treat us like important persons and service of all ranks be extended upto the age of 60 years. Maj Gen RN Radhakrishnan also suggested that organisation of IESL be divided into five different zones with five Zonal Presidents. This being a constitutional issue the discussion could not be finalized. However, it was decided that at least two meetings i.e. one Governing Council preceded by Executive Committee Meeting and one Annual General Meeting is being held every year and this will continue. Additional Executive Committee Meeting may be called, if required.
- Agenda No 1 (a) & (b). Covered at Para 2 & 3.
- Agenda No 1(c). Audited Balance Sheet and Account Statement for the year ending 2013-2014 was distributed to all the delegates. Brig Kartar Singh, Sr Vice President explained the balance sheet and FDs to the house. Dfr Animesh Gosh said that Education stipend be given upto the rank of Hav. The point was discussed in the house and it was decided to give Education Stipend only to widows and a budget of Rupees One lakh was fixed. The accounts were perused by all the veterans and passed. Brig MR Nath proposed the accounts and seconded by Sub NN Patil and Dfr Animesh Gosh.
- Agenda No 1(d) – Amdts to the Constitution. The AGM passed the amendments to the constitution which was approved by the Governing Council held on 13 March 2014. However the issue of number of terms as per rule 22 (old 21 note 2) was dropped and was not passed by the house.
- Additional Agenda Points – Resignation of Hony Treasurer and Appointment of New Treasurer. Brig Kartar Singh, Sr Vice President informed the house that Lt Cdr BD Sharma has resigned from the post of Hony Treasurer due to personal reasons and proposed the name of Col Akhil Sharma ex General Secretary for appointment of new Hony Treasurer. The house approved the resignation of Lt Cdr BD Sharma and appointed Col Akhil Sharma as new Hony Treasurer with special exception as Col Akhil Sharma was not a delegate/Governing Council member.
- Points Received from State Leagues. Some of the points discussed are given as under:-
(i)Membership Fee. It is proposed that membership fee may be distributed @ ¼, ¼, ½ among IESL HQ, State and Districts respectively. The point was discussed and agreed in the house. This will be implemented with new financial year i.e. wef 01 Apr 2015.
(ii)State AGMs/Elections. AGM in Gen and election in particular be attended by the rep of All India League. The point was agreed and accepted by the house.
(iii)Splinter GP/ESM Org. All efforts are to be made to merge all organisation working for the welfare of ESM. The Sr Vice President informed that efforts are in hand. People should come and join IESL which is the largest ESM organization in the Country and formally recognized by all the State Govts and Central Govt.
(i)Exemption of Income Tax on Pension. Case will be taken up with the Govt.
(ii)Platinum Grant to Officers. Case will be taken up.
(iii)Ex-Servicemen and their wards staying in IESL should be provided with min catering facility. The Sr Vice President said maximum efforts will be made to provide catering facility other than the holidays.
(iv)Increase of Limit for Purchase of Grocery from CSD Canteen. Case will be taken up.
(c)ECHS facilities, representative in 7th CPC and issue of PPOs after 6th CPC. Points discussed. Already taken up at appropriate level.
(i)Zone Wise Representation. Point discussed in the house.
(ii)Assured Continued Employment of the ESM. Point discussed and covered. Also refer DGR address to the house.
(iii)En Block Membership. Membership will be granted as per existing procedure/requirement with full payment of membership fees.
(i)Honouring of Gentlemen Cadets. Point discussed but not agreed to.
(i)Purchase of Car through CSD. Case will be taken with QMG’s Branch at Army HQ.
(ii)Corrigendum PPO. Gujrat State League to forward the case of all affected persons to enable the IESL to take up the case with appropriate auth.
(iii)Reservation in Central Armed Police for ESM. Point covered by DGR.
(iv)Endorsement of Spouse Name in PPO. AVM RP Mishra explained the procedure. However, in case point not solved, Gujrat State League to forward case of all affected persons.
(i)Disability Pension, Revision of Reservist Pension, Family Pension. Points already taken up with 7th CPC.
(ii)Central Pension Processing Office. State League to forward the case to enable HQ IESL to take up the case at appropriate level.
14 There being no further points Brig Kartar Singh, Sr Vice President requested the House to pass a vote of thanks to the chair and all attendees. The same was adopted by the house unanimously.