A delegation of Indian Ex- Services League headed by Lt Gen Balbir Singh, PVSM, VSM**, President IESL, comprising of AVM R P Mishra, Col Karan Yadav, SM, Gen Secy IESL and Cdr B D Sharma, Treasurer, IESL met with Shri A K Antony, Hon’ble Raksha Mantri of India on 21st Nov 2013 at 1100 hrs in his office. The Hon’ble Minister gave a patient hearing to the delegation.
On this occasion President IESL also presented a Cheque of Rs 1,00,000.00 for the Chief Minister Uttrakhand Relief Fund. The issues raised along with the photographs of the occasion are reproduced below.
- One Rank One Pension/Parity in Pension.
- Down gradation of Military Status/ equation.
- NFU status be made applicable to Defence Service Officers in the same way as applied to civil counter parts.
- Anomalies of 6th CPC.
- Pension for World War II Veterans/Widows.
- IESL was a member of SCOVA. The membership has since been cancelled. It must be revived.
- Structured quarterly meetings may be held by Secretary DESW with members of Veterans Organisations. MD ECHS and Secretary Rajya Sainik Board may be requested to be present.
- Pharmacy Services in ECHS clinics may be outsourced.
- Appeals against AFT/Court Judgments wrt Veterans Welfare may be avoided. Presently MOD is becoming compulsive litigant against ESM welfare related, e.g, case of Hony Nb/Subs.