IESL/353/OROP/2016dt 10August 2016
Shri Manohar Parrikar
Hon’ble Defence Minister of India
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
South Block, New Delhi-110011
- Kindly refer Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare D (Pension/Policy) dated 20 July 2016(Copy enclosed for ready reference).
- The is to bring to your kind notice, a grave inaccuracy that has been inserted in the Terms of Reference (TOR) of the above letter. The main purpose of appointing the One Man Judicial Committee was to go into the core anomalies that came up after the Press Statement issued during the Press briefing on 05th Sept 2015 and in the letter No 12(1)/2014/D(Pen/Pol)-Part-II dated 07 Nov 2015.
- The core Anomalies enunciated are:-
(a)Definition of OROP.
(b)Equalisation every year Vs every five year presently given.
(c)Method of fixing OROP. Maximum Vs average of maximum and minimum.
(d)Admissibility of OROP for PMR in future.
- None of the above core anomalies have been included in the TOR. The perception in the environment is that the One Man Judicial Committee has been instituted to go into the above core anomalies. The same has been reinforced due to your statements also made during various public meetings with the Veterans.
- The TOR presently given are of normal administrative nature which can be resolved at MOD level in consultation with the Service HQs. There is no application of mind required at the level of Hon’ble Justice LN Reddy in these cases. The application of mind is required only, if the core anomalies as stated above are addressed. The visit of the One Man Judicial Committee to the various States/Stations commencing from 17 August 2016 will be infructuous if the core anomalies are not included in the TOR.
- On behalf of all the Veterans, I seek your personal indulgence to review the TOR of the One Man Judicial Commission and include the core anomalies in the TOR.
Lt Gen (Dr) Balbir Singh, PVSM, VSM**
President Indian Ex-Services League
Enclosures : Six only.
Hon’ble Justice L N Reddy
Retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court
Head of Judicial Committee on OROP
Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, VSM
Chief of the Army Staff and Patron IESL
Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence (Army)
Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC
Chief of the Air Staff and Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee
and Patron IESL
Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Admiral Sunil Lamba, PVSM, AVSM, ADC
Chief of The Naval Staff
Integrated Defence Staff HQs (Navy)
Maj Gen Kapil Agarwal
Chairman VII Army Pay Commission Cell
Adjutant General’s Branch
Room No 1 ‘A’ Wing, Sena Bhawan
IHQ of MoD (Army)
DHQ PO New Delhi-110011